Out of Sight but Not out of Mind:
Driving Engagement and Productivity with Absence Management
Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Time: 2:00 PM EDT
Do you have a clear understanding of the actual costs of your organization’s employee absences? As organizations face increasing pressures to reduce operational costs and boost efficiencies, absence management has become a key component in increasing productivity. A recent study has shown that organizations using manual solutions for absence management have a 7 percent greater payroll error rate than those of automated solutions.
If your organization relies on outdated, manual tracking for employee absenteeism, it’s time to learn more about decision-support tools and metrics that not only help better understand absence trends and productivity, but also help minimize compliance risk, ensuring that leave and attendance policies are applied correctly. Mollie Lombardi of Aptitude Research Partners and Toni Kellam from Kronos will discuss how an automated workforce solution helps you spend more time on your job priorities, and less time on manual processes and tracking.
Topics covered include:
- Real world pain points and why you should consider automating absence management to benefit both employees and managers.
- Research on the effect of absence on morale and productivity.
- When absence may be an early warning of employee turnover and burnout.
- Details on how an automated solution can help you better understand your organization’s absence trends and strategies to cut costs, ensure leave policy compliance, improve operational productivity, and provide transparent communication with employees.
- Key steps that you can take today to quickly identify opportunities that will accelerate engagement and drive better business outcomes through workforce management.
Co-Founder and CEO
Aptitude Research Partners
Mollie Lombardi is the co-founder and CEO of Aptitude Research Partners. With nearly two decades spent advising, developing and studying HR and business leaders, she brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in human capital and workforce management to help ignite a new conversation at the intersection of HR technology, strategy and impact. Lombardi has spoken around the globe to HR audiences on topics across the HCM spectrum, and has authored hundreds of research reports and papers. Her research has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, eLearning magazine, CIO magazine and other trade publications. Prior to Aptitude Research Partners, Lombardi held leadership positions at Brandon Hall Group and Aberdeen Group.
Workforce Business Consultant
Toni Kellam is a workforce business consultant at Kronos. She has spent the past 16 years studying the Family Medical Leave Act as it was written, the subsequent changes to it and the different interpretations of the law in general. Her current position allows her to work with many organizations on managing employee time away from work, and an understanding of their absence control programs, leave administration processes and the best way to automate them.