5 Things Not to Overlook During HR Tech Vendor Selection
Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM EDT
Once you have decided to shop for a new HR technology solution, you want to make sure you are identifying and evaluating vendors on the things that matter. It’s easy to get caught up in feature and functionality comparisons among vendors. In addition to those things—are there other areas you should make sure you have a full understanding before signing any contracts? Join Kristen Wylie as she covers five critical things you shouldn’t overlook throughout the selection process including:
- The configurability of the solution. Are the vendors able to adopt to your critical processes and workflows or do you have to adapt yours to their system? When is okay to flex your workflows and when is it not?
- The ongoing product support model post implementation. If you have an issue, can you pick up the phone or email someone and expect a reasonable turnaround time? Is it better to have a designated account manager or a team of representatives ready to address your issues real time?
- Underlying dependencies around integration and technology partnerships. These may not be represented during the demo and could add cost and complexity to the implementation. What is the process for data transfer from existing systems?
- Different approaches to pricing models and what to ask to ensure you fully understand what you are receiving from your contract.
- Types of end-user training, remote or on-site services available to train end users of all types to drive adoption. It’s also critical to understand the release schedule and the product road map—are there on-going knowledge paths to support new users and new features and functionalities when released?
Understand what questions to ask your vendor during the product demo.
Gain a stronger understanding of the different pricing models you will encounter during the selection process and how to truly understand what you’re getting for your money.
- Learn what are other ways beyond the product that vendors should be able to support you in meeting your goals and objectives.
Product Marketing Director, Workforce Ready
Kristen Wylie is the product marketing director for Workforce Ready, a cloud-based human capital management solution that helps organizations attract and retain top-quality talent and deliver a great employee experience. With a background that spans 20+ years of technology marketing, Wylie is a frequent speaker on HCM best practices, the HR Maturity Curve, and strategies to increase workforce productivity. Kristen earned a master’s degree from the Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University and a bachelor’s degree in English from Union College.